EA Removes DRM with New Patch Update for PC Battlefield: Bad Company 2
September 25, 2011 at 10:58 am by srfto
EA has released a new update that removes the DRM for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for the PC version.
The 2.6GB patch will remove the SecuRom DRM from the game and fix several bugs too.
- Removed some memory leaks
- Fixed crashes when the game attempted to render lots of content (high detail, high FOV or multiple-monitor modes); this should particularly help multi-monitor users
- Chat window no longer causes lag spikes
- Chat window reworked opacity & visibility-time is controllable through settings in settings.ini
- Clantag is remembered when using auto-login
- Banner URLs can be up to 252 characters in length
- SecuROM wrapper removed from non-Steam version
- Minor performance enhancements
- Reduced rubberbanding on servers with more than 24 active players
- PrintScreen takes a screenshot, file stored in Documents\BFBC2\Screenshots directory