Diablo III feature compilation
January 12, 2009 at 2:08 pm by Ruibo
- There might be a cow level, or a similar secret-level.
- Diablo III will bring the Diablo story to a close, but it’s not necessarily the end of the Diablo universe or series. (No, no one said anything about Diablo IV!)
- Necromancer is out, Witch Doctor is in…but the Necromancer may make some kind of return at a later date.
- You can play every class as either male or female.
- Even though the Art Director (Brian Morrisroe) for Diablo III left, the New Art Style (i.e. colorful) is here to stay. (Brian departed to form a startup company, incidentally.)
- The game takes place in Sanctuary twenty years after the heroes from Diablo II saved the world and went mad for their troubles.
- You’ll be able to go back to Tristram.
- Deckard Cain will be back. (Anyone else wondering if Wirt will return as a grown one-legged man?)
- 3 of 5 classes have been revealed: Barbarian, Witch Doctor, and Wizard.
- There will be cooperative and PvP play.
- Quest mechanics and other details are still under wraps.
Also, according to an interview with Blizzard COO Paul Sams (by Greg Howson of The Guardian), a console version of Diablo III isn’t out of the question. (Thought it’s little more than a big question mark at this point.) Check out the interview — it’s well worth the read.
I’ll confess to merely being a moderate Diablo fan. Actually, I was a huge fan of the story, but the repetitive nature of the gameplay didn’t hold up for me very well. (I guess I just wasn’t OCD enough).
Regardless, I can’t help being excited about Diablo III — and I fully plan to pick it up and play when it’s available — sometime in the future when I have a robot maid, most likely. I’ll probably review it, but I can pretty much predict it will be nothing short of Blizzard’s usual multi-million selling, critically acclaimed, cream of the crop releases that will blow everyone away. I’ll go out on a limb and predict that it will get an editor’s choice award from someone.